One more IATEFL conference is beginning and since I am not going to be there again, all I can do is follow the online events, live-streaming whenever I can, although it is not the same as being there in person.
Just watched Marjory Rosenberg's interview with the recent IATEFL news.
- TELC Riders are on the move again coming to Birmingham on their bikes with lots of new adventures, gathering money for new projects!
- IATEFL organises ongoing teacher training for teachers who will consequently train teachers in their own countries.
- Creation of SIGs in many different associate countries and organising special interest days with trainings and seminars.
- The 2nd IATEFL web-conference took place with a lot of participants all over the world and great success.
- A joined web-conference with TESOL is planned for November. It is going to last 3 days with special themes each day.
- This year's conference is being held in the historical city of Birmingham for the first time and participants will have the chance to explore the city a bit more. Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare's birthplace is around the corner and due to Shakespeare's 400th anniversary, a lot of relevant events are planned.
- A variety of events like a Pecha Kucha, Ouiz events, awards and a lot more of surprises are in store in this year's conference.
- This year, IATEFL has received the TESOL Presidency award as a result of the continuing support and development of teachers worldwide.