a. The act or an instance of moving; a change in place or position.
b. A particular manner of moving.
2. A change in the location of troops, ships, or aircraft for tactical or strategic purposes.
a. A series of actions and events taking place over a period of time and working to foster a principle or policy: a movement toward world peace.
b. An organized effort by supporters of a common goal: a leader of the labor movement.
4. A tendency or trend: a movement toward larger kitchens.
5. A change in the market price of a security or commodity.
a. An evacuation of the bowels.
b. The matter so evacuated.
7. The suggestion or illusion of motion in a painting, sculpture, or design.
8. The progression of events in the development of a literary plot.
9. The rhythmical or metrical structure of a poetic composition.
10. Music A self-contained section of an extended composition.
11. Linguistics In generative grammar, a transformation in which a constituent in one part of a syntactic structure is copied or displaced into a different location, creating a new structure.
12. A mechanism, such as the works of a watch, that produces or transmits motion.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Cycle 6 of the #30Goals Movement has finally started and our first title is "Support a movement" .
To be honest, I don't only support one movement. For me the word "movement", as I understand it, is to be part of a group. Do work with other people towards a Goal.
- The first Team that I support with all my heart is of course the #30Goals. Shelly has given me an hundreds of educators the inspiration to go further, to think deeper, to self-critique, to communicate, to experiment, to recognize our successes and failures, to reflect do something more than traditional teaching. A chance for new projects. A chance to get better as educators and as people.
- iTDi is the next big family I belong to. Through the countless blog posts, courses, seminars and constant support, I have learned to evolve, to try out new things. And I know that there will always be someone to listen to me and help me with any problems I face or just be happy for me.
- Wiziq is not just a platform you can use for online lessons. Behind this there are some wonderful people you can count on. People who can share their knowledge whenever you need it. Webinars that can keep you going and offer you knowledge and support and also a wonderful blog with a lot of information on anything.
- My Gym. I know that some people will think that this is not exactly a movement. Well, it is. Throughout these past years, I have learned that taking care of your body is equally important as taking care of your mind. Working in a team makes you feel important, again communicate, share your goals and worries, test yourself, find your limits, unwind. For me this too is a way of personal development.