In this course we have covered:
- Key ways in which Business English differs from teaching General English and skills we need
- Limitations and benefits of different types of lesson teaching, methods and techniques (like CLIL, PBL etc)
- How to make presentations, overcoming challenges
- Misunderstandings, communication and BELF ( Business English as Lingua Franca)
All the online sessions were really interesting and the discussion on the chat - box very stimulating.
I have to say that I don't take part in online discussions that easily, I prefer to sit back and listen and read what the teacher and the participants have to say and try to understand on my own pace.
As a final assessment, we had to make a power-point presentation of a Study Case:
- Identify our students and their needs
- Choose the correct methods for our students
- Design the key elements of the course