Saturday, July 24, 2021

#8weeksofsummer: What specific personal development do you need for next school year?


This post is week 7 of 8 in the #8WeeksofSummer Blog Challenge for educators.
 Learning new things is never a bad idea. And it's always great to reflect the past year and see the stengths and weaknesses of your performance.

So you have to ask yourself. 

What were the difficulties that I have faced during the past school year?

Have I taken advantage of all the technology that is offered to me?

What activities could not be performed with online learning and what should I do to replace them with equal online ones?

If I look back on my lessons, following things could change or get improved and this is what courses (or  other kinds of professional development I should take:

  • How should I give my own material a more professional look (a self publishing course)
  • How I can build my own professional website in order to make my work and business  know and accessible to students and parents a.k.a potential clients (tutorial on how to build a website)
  • How to use social media to ahow my work (social media advertising course)
  • How to build / use a platform to create and asynchronous learning data bank for my students (tutorial on moodle or other similar platofrm)
I believe these are the issues I have to focus on. I can't wait to read yours!

1 comment:

Denise Krebs said...

Theodora, what a list of professional development you are considering! That is quite a list and will most definitely build your presence and effectiveness online for your teaching career. All the best!

Featured Post

Teaching online through Lockdown

Some months ago, when I wrote a blog on online Teaching for iTDi , I could never imagine that the teaching world would turn digital overn...