hero noun (PERSON):
a person who is admired for having done something very brave or having achieved something great
Recently I have discovered this video, which is a Coca Cola commercial, but gives a lot of food for thought. This idea can be used with students B1-B2 level and upwards.
Before students watch the video, ask them what is a hero in their opinion?
You can brainstorm an make a mindmap on the board.
A hero can mean a lot of things like a super hero or just somebody who has done a good deed, saving somebody from a difficult situation.
- Can students name a hero? It can be anything from Superman to a person who has helped somebody cross the street, real or imaginary.
- Students then watch the video.
- Their task is to write down what is happening.
- You can let them commend while they are watching.
- What are the people doing ? What is happening?
- Write any necessary vocabulary on the board.
- What your you do in similar situations?
- Divide students into groups and have them write their own scenario.
- Then, they can act it out!
- As homework, they can write about their favourite hero or a person they admire most.
My Superhero by Alex (A2 level)
My favourite superheroby Giannis (B1 level)
My superhero by Angela (B1 level)
Superpowers by Christina (B2 level)
Some years ago, my students and I devoted some posts about superheros and super powers as well:
Super gadgets of the future
Super hero high (comic by British council site for kids)
Are you a super hero test
And a lot more articles dedicated to superheroes, which you can find if you search my blog with the theme superheroes!!