I have always believed that learning outside the classroom is the best way to learn! That\s why a lot of the projects I organize with my students take place outside.
|"On the air team at the city port"|
- Learning mission no 1: Learn your city! This project took place during the "We're on the air" project. My students and I devoted a whole day going around the city, looking for information on historical and cultural sites and made a video, which was presented to students in 4 different countries, who did the same about their hometowns!!
|Lieblingswort exhibition - Goethe Institut - Thessaloniki|
|Herzliche Gruesse Exhibition - Goethe Institut - Thessaloniki|
|Music section - Lieblingswort exhibition - Goethe Institut - Thessaloniki|
- Learning mission no 2: Exhibitions! There are wonderful photo - painting exhibitions around the city and also exhibitions that have to do with the language!! Why not have your students do a little research on a museum or a gallery exhibition, give them questionnaires while visiting and let them create!
|Uwe Kind performing|
- Learning Mission No 3: Take them to concerts that have to do with the language. There are wonderful teachers performers like Uwe Kind (in German) and Jason Levine (in English). If you don't have a gig near you, organize a music (karaoke) evening at your school!
- Learning mission no 4: Take them out! If you have to do with older students (teens or college students), why not take them out in a cafe or a restaurant and have a conversational class with them in different surroundings?
- Learning mission No 5: Make a movie or a video clip: In our "8project" some years ago, we went out to the part to "shoot" our creation.
Learning has to do with fun! Pleasant experiences make the brain ask for more!!