Sunday, July 27, 2014

Summer adventures Part 1: Summer MOOCing

Summer is in its peak at the moment and I know, I haven't written much lately on my blog!

Summer is a difficult time for me, not much work, too much heat, no sense of purpose whatsoever.
What I have been trying to do though, is keep myself busy to avoid experiencing S.A.D. again. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....

One thing I have tried to do this year, is invest in my professional development. It's not about the "paper", the "diploma" you will get, it's about the knowledge you will acquire.

Next to the RSCON and Shelly Terrell, I've had the luck to meet two wonderful and talented people, Chuck Sandy from ITDi and Jason R. Levine from WizIQ (or as most people know him : Fluency MC), who have been organizing wonderful online sessions all summer long.


What is MOOC actually? The definition I could find is : Massive Open Online Course

To tell you the truth, I didn't expect to learn so many things... The Internet has made it possible to actually see and listen to people from all over the world, to learn about their ideas, their projects, to find out what you can do to be a better professional.

So far I have learned how to use different apps and platforms, ways how to teach online, how to make videos, how to use stories, how to play games and learn grammar, about student exchange programs, about lesson planning and the list keeps going....
Every single day there is something new to learn.

Ok, I admit it that I am not home listening to webinars ALL the time, but still having the opportunity to watch the recordings whenever you like makes it possible to learn at your own pace!!
Take care everybody and keep MOOCing!!

Summer adventures to be continued....

No comments: