Saturday, October 19, 2013

#30Goals Challenge: Goal 17: Dare Them


After reading a very inspiring post by Shelly Terrell, I decided it was time to write about this Goal, although my laptop is still in the "Mac-hospital" with very little chance of recovering. So I'm stealing my son's PC  for a while in order to get this done!
I was thinking what I was going to do with this one for a while, not exactly a lesson plan and not exactly an inspiring speech but something in between.
What would my students be afraid to do on their own?
Create a story right from the scratch? Without giving them vocabulary and with no limits....
I took advantage of the fact that one of my favorite holidays is coming up - and I always do something special on Halloween.
Kids especially in their early teens just LOVE horror stories.
So.... What better than a scary story competition?
I DARED them to write for my blog. And everybody got enthused with the idea.
I already have a couple of stories which I will post in the next few days.
And that's where you people come in to the picture.
I would like to DARE you to vote for the best story!
The winner - student will get a bag full of chocolates and sweets ( a trick or treat bag)
 Take care everybody and keep teaching!!!

2 comments:

Walton said...

I'd love to see any lesson plans you did with them to help them write.

Theodora Papapanagiotou said...

I will post it soon! Being without a computer for almost 2 weeks, I have so many things to do- write -search... Soon I promise!

Featured Post

Teaching online through Lockdown

Some months ago, when I wrote a blog on online Teaching for iTDi , I could never imagine that the teaching world would turn digital overn...