Recently I discovered this wonderful song! When I first listened to it, I thought it was a bit silly, but when I watched the video, I know there was something more into it and I could use it with my students. (B2 level and upwards)
- Show the video to the students
- prepare Wh- questions (Who? Where? What? How? etc)
- Let the students speculate what is happening in the story
- Give the song-text to the students.
- Who is the singer referring to?
- Ask students if they block negative people / feelings and how
- Have them speculate what happens in the end... (the video clip has an open ending)
- As homework ask students to find the story behind the video and have them present it to the rest of the class (they can use traditional carton and pictures or a power point presentation - it's up to them )
Notes: The video story is based on a Bolivian legend, it has to do with the fight against evil (negative people) and you can also compare it with the "Wizard of Oz", so you have endless possiblilites
(i.g. Show the movie to the students, ask them to compare the video clip of the song with the film, which character is which etc)
Whatever you do, have fun!