Thursday, January 20, 2011

Procrastination





Why is it that when we have something important to do, most of us find something else to spend their time with? Time is passing and you still haven't gotten down to what you were supposed to do in the first place.
Like me at the moment... I keep looking at my laptop screen without doing anything...
So I decided to find out what it is called and if I can do something about it...
The term is "procrastination". You put off what is important. You just delay...
What can you do to fight this?
  • Do annoying tasks first. This way you can stop thinking about it...
  • Small steps at a time. Break jobs into smaller parts. Then you get the feeling of achievement when you finish the whole task.
  • Delays are caused mainly because you can't make up your mind. Set a time limit in taking a decision.
  • Give yourself a small treat when you finish a difficult task.
  • Make a to-do-list.
  • Schedule your time
Well.... now I have to stop procrastinating myself and get down to work...

No comments: