Saturday, October 20, 2007

Greenpeace project











Recently we have all watched Greenpeace’s commercial with this brilliant, but angry kid, talking about the destruction of the environment.
All of my students loved it, so I thought we could make something similar.
All course books have texts or articles about the environment anyway.
Lesson plan:
Teach students wanted vocabulary (i.g. destruction, environment, recycling etc)
Ask them how they feel about the subject, if they do something to help and suggest ways of solving this problem.
As homework, they have to write a text similar to the Greenpeace kid’s monologue)
Students read what they have wrote in front of the class – you can also video it and post it on their blogs.

3 comments:

Alexandros said...

Excellent idea! I am sure they will enjoy it as well!

Anonymous said...

This is an excellent idea, Theodora mou, since articles in textbooks often tend to bore the kids. I don't use the computer in class very much except perhaps to show them something interesting found on the Net - like the quiz on the Japanese House (remember Kuniko's house in Cool English?). Well, they loved the quiz and all kids participated, yet I don't assign projects on the PC since some kids don't have a computer at home

Anonymous said...

By the way ...I thoroughly enjoyed the videos !Thank you so much for sharing

Featured Post

Teaching online through Lockdown

Some months ago, when I wrote a blog on online Teaching for iTDi , I could never imagine that the teaching world would turn digital overn...