Saturday, December 29, 2018

2018


I guess it's time...
It's time to see how the whole year passed. Was it good? Was it bad?
Well, I can't say either...
Since I like making lists, here are some things that happened during this year:

  • Mindfulness presentation at the TESOL Northern Greece Convention in February: This was a presentation that I worked a lot during the past years. Going through this journey helped me find balance between my personal struggles and work and see what's important. I wanted to share that with friends and colleagues and thankfully my presentation got accepted. Attendance was really bad though, since there were 7 simultaneous presentations on a Sunday morning and one of them was also the plenary speaker, so I did not have a chance. People who came, though did share their personal thoughts and took part in the workshop and I am really grateful.
  • The same workshop was supposed to take place at the Athens, but my flight did not leave due to heavy fog. I missed my trip and the convention...
  • Although I sent a proposal for a similar workshop for 2019 in Athens, it was not accepted, so I guess, my research and experimentation will be presented elsewhere (maybe in the next years?)
  • My "keep on moving" project though still goes on and I have already organised two summer events at local language schools, which is good for the business and lots and lots of fun for the kids! Developing new activities and I'll be back soon with more to come!
  • Talking about conventions, I had the chance to attend the Image Conference in October and the TESOL Greece Learning Difficulties Sig in November,  got new ideas, learned new things, met friends and colleagues and it was a good chance to "refresh" my teaching.
  • Still writing for the iTDi blog, and I am really proud about that. You can find a collection of my articles over here. 
  • A new proud moment was that Teaching English.org accepted me as a blogger a couple of months ago! You can find my articles clicking on the following links:
         How do you CPD?
         To be a Native or not to be?
         Learning what's important.

Work is going as it was supposed to be going, with new challenges, teaching adults, teaching juniors, teaching online, teaching is my life.
As for my personal highlights, the only thing I can say is that I am still surviving and that's good.

  • Health is ok, under control with no serious issues.
  • Kid is ok, good grades, a bit of a rebel, but that's teenage-hood ( I am surviving)
  • I don't know if it's the age or the dog, but I'm feeling well with not so many people around me. 
New year's resolutions will probably be up on the Greek blog!
Have a wonderful 2019

1 comment:

Anastasia Marou said...

As I can see, 2018 was a very busy and constructive year for you. I hope 2019 is even more successful and wish you to attain all your goals.

Featured Post

Teaching online through Lockdown

Some months ago, when I wrote a blog on online Teaching for iTDi , I could never imagine that the teaching world would turn digital overn...