Thursday, January 6, 2011

Haiku



I was reading about writing ideas to use in the classroom the other day and the word "haiku" (a Japanese art of poetry) sounded really interesting!! It reminded me of the "cinquains" I tried with my students a couple of monthes ago. Creating poetry out of simple words is always a great idea for all levels. Students feel really proud of themselves that they have actually written a poem and you get great ideas for a classroom scratch book or a student's portfolio.

Making a haiku is really simple.
1. Students think of a theme. It can be anything something that they have seen or heard, feelings etc
2. It consists of three lines. First line has five syllables, second line has seven syllables and third line has five syllables.

Without flowing wine
How to enjoy lovely
Cherry blossoms?



Have fun trying Haikus!!

No comments:

Featured Post

Teaching online through Lockdown

Some months ago, when I wrote a blog on online Teaching for iTDi , I could never imagine that the teaching world would turn digital overn...