In the Written Exams from December 08 it is going to be Paper 1,2,3,4 (Reading first) in all Cambridge certificates.
From March 09
KET and PET candidates who fail will get a certificate stating their CEFR level namely A1, A2
Computer Based FCE will be introduced internationally. It will start with 6 sessions per year and gradually it will go to one sitting per month.
The new ECPE Speaking Test
· The test will be effective June 2009 and it concerns students who will be attending our September to May 09 Michigan Proficiency courses.
· The test has been designed to elicit spoken language presentative to C2
· It will be lasting up to 25 minutes.
2. Candidate interaction: summarizing given feedback and presenting arguments to each other.
3. Candidate Interaction: Reaching an agreement
4. Presenting chosen argument to Examiner
5. Joint task: Supporting chosen argument
Examiner 1: guides and gives instructions in Phase 1 to 4
Examiner 2: participates in Phase 4 and 5
Examiners are active only in Phase 1 and 5
There will be a five band rating scale A, B, C (pass), D, E (fail)
Students failing the orals of the ECPE technically fail the whole exam.