Saturday, December 22, 2007

Xmas party 2007


I have been planning this for a long long time for my students, old and new. We have watched two of my favorite Christmas movies, "Scrooged" with Bill Murray and "Christmas Carol" with Patrick Stewart.

They surprised me - they brought me so many presents, for me, for Yianni, sweets, wine...

It is the first time in many years now that I feel it is Christmas. Most of the people I invited came and this means so much to me, because I love the kids so much!

Someone asked me once who my favorite student was...

My favorite students are the people who say hi to me when they see me out in the street. The people who give me a call or send me e-mails although they do not longer study with me, the people who came today...

So this post is dedicated to:

  • Elektra who couldn't come, but called me from Germany just to say hi!
  • Artemis and Juna who had been waiting for this since we finished our lessons in November
  • Christina who baked us cookies
  • Angeliki who came even for a while, although she had to go to her volleyball match
  • Konstantina and Gianni for being so kind
  • Fotini and Giorgo who came all the way from the other side of the city
  • Eva, whom I hadn't seen for such a long time
  • Marianthi and Maria, who have finished their studies with me a long time ago, but came anyway
  • Peter, although he knew he would be the only guy in the group!

A very merry Christmas to everybody and the happiest New year!


Get this widget Track details eSnips Social DNA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And this is so very rewarding , Theodora mou. I share the feeling and , yes, this is such a beautiful feeling !

Anonymous said...

Isn't that wonderful, Theodora mou ! So very rewarding...to just see students who have completed their studies still caring ....

Anonymous said...

THEODWRA MOU SOU AFISA TO IDIO COMMENT KAI STO SLIDE ,APLA TO KSANATYPONW KAI EDW GIA NA EIMAI SYGOURH POS THA TO DIABASEIS!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DORAKI MOU TELIKA TO PARTY EPEITIXIA E??TELIES H FOTOGRAFIES KAI ESEI KOUKLARA MOU EISE,FTOU FTOU KARDIA MOU,ANTE KAI TOU XRWNOU PALI ME YGEIA KOUKLA MOU,PISTEVW POS TA PAIDIA TO EYXARISTITHIKANE ME TIN KARDIA TOUS!!!
FILAKIA KOUKLA MOU KAI KALA XRISTOUGENNA!!!!UNIQUE.

Featured Post

Teaching online through Lockdown

Some months ago, when I wrote a blog on online Teaching for iTDi , I could never imagine that the teaching world would turn digital overn...