Friday, September 21, 2007

Gossip of the day

Working with students who will eventually take an oral exam in a foreign language, made me realize that the exam is really ... boring for kids! The result is that they learn to answer the usual questions but they don't really use the language to communicate. So if the examiner wants to discuss a topic, students find it difficult to express themselves.

In order to overcome this, I started talking with one of my students about her school's news and gossips and I realized that she CAN talk!

So I decided to make it more interesting - we made a video (she took some notes as well).

I think that the results are very satisfying (she makes some mistakes of course, but just the feeling that someone is watching her makes her speak correctly!!)

We will make new videos with the "gossip of the day", so stay with us!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww she is GOOD! *Hello! I am Angela!* Her English is very clear and precise and she spoke with feelings.. way to go, Angela and way to go, Theo san!! Good job to you both >:D<

Pssst Theo san? I want to see more!

Featured Post

Teaching online through Lockdown

Some months ago, when I wrote a blog on online Teaching for iTDi , I could never imagine that the teaching world would turn digital overn...