Friday, September 5, 2014

#Booktag

I've been nominated by most of my FB friends to share the 10 books I like. 
Although I have listed the books on Facebook, I thought why not "analyze" them a bit more on my blog?
Here we go!

1. The day of the triffids - John Wyndham (I can read this one again and again)

I had to read this book ages ago, when I took the CPE exam as a student! I got so enthusiastic about this book, I just love destruction, panic among people, not knowing what to do!!!
I also bought the dvd of the first triffid movie !!
There is also a newer version.
When I took the actual exam I remember I was telling the examiner everything about the books and the first movie (there wasn't a new version back then), comparing the two, explaining to her that was happening in the photos she showed me!! She was even keeping notes!!! Yes I passed with A exceptional btw!



2. The night of the triffids - Simon Clark (Sequel of the first one by another author)

The Triffid frenzy again!!! I found out that Simon Clark was inspired 50 years after the first book was published and wrote the sequel!! 

3. Fahrenheit 451- Ray Bradbury (you can all see I am a sci fi fun right?)

I found out about this one in a coursebook!!! the book was about different kinds of books and this was in the sci fi section!! I loved it!!!!! Knowledge can never die!!

4. Martian Chronicles - Ray Bradbury (oh yes!!)

Ray Bradbury was also mentioned in a German coursebook, talking about future life and there was even an abstract translated in German, about a house functioning on its own!!! I was thrilled with this one!

5. Minority Report - Philip K. Dick (read the book first!)

I made the mistake of watching the movie first!!! I liked the book, but I was expecting to see more of the movie plot... Next time the other way around!

6. 1984 - George Orwell (classic)

Big brother is watching us.... Nothing more....

7. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to The Galaxy - Douglas Adams ( a GOOD laugh!!)

The hilarious space travels of Artur Dent and all the weird creatures he is meeting!! ( I got this fron Craig Wherlock!!THX btw!!)

8. It -Stephen King (One of the best I have ever read honestly!)

1138 pages!!!! After this I have never trusted clowns!!! A wonderful book! A wonderful movie!! No words...

9. The Shining - Stephen King (chills!!!)

Horrifying, but yet, you can't put it down!!! "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" and
“Sometimes human places, create inhuman monsters.” 
Movie is FANTASTIC as well... one the of the best Jack Nicholson was in! 

 10. Warm Bodies - Isaac Marion (I just loooooove the zombie... he is adorable!! Watch the movie as well!!!)
I watched the movie first... I loved the zombie!!! I was like "he is sooooooo cuuuute" the whole time!! I saw the book in my student's Eleni house, I borrowed it! I read it in one night!! No difference with the movie, it was like reading the script! But the zombie was still cute!!!

Anyway, there are more books that I have loved, but I was supposed to mention only 10

No comments: