Saturday, August 16, 2014

Summer adventures: Part 9: Pecha Kucha...ing


What can I say??? I am a person who loves challenge!!!
No I don't think I am good at it, but I never say no to something that makes me get our of my comfort zone!!!

Somebody told me this morning: "Why do you always get into situations that makes you feel desperate?"

I wouldn't call it "desperate" myself.... I would call it something to get me on my toes and make me feel alive.
When I was preparing for my first Pecha Kucha for the TESOL Macedonia-Thrace back in March, I told to myself, if I can do that, I can do everything!!!
And it seems that there are a lot of people sharing my views or else we wouldn't  have had this wonderful session going today!!!


Seven wonderful people and myself talked about our "Fly - high" moments in our professional life.
Wonderful presentations that had everything ... poems, passion and lots and lots of pictures!!

I didn't only have the chance to be a speaker in such a wonderful event, but also be behind the scenes helping everybody to change the slides in time.
I can't say I did a good job, I did miss seconds and slides but everyone was really patient with me (sorry guys if I made you nervous)

What I have to say is that I am really impressed! We managed to organize something so big and actually make it work, no matter what country or time zone we were!! Chuck was moderating from Japan, Jase from the States, I was changing slides from Greece and people were presenting from Boston, from Egypt, Tunisia,  Mexico and Belarus and Athens!!!!

And I realize that here in Greece we don't have this feeling of sharing and co-operation.... when I used to work at language schools, everybody was so secretive about their work, they didn't want their colleagues "steal" their work, they didn't even help each other.... (this is a personal complaint from my experiences so I don't know if it applies to everybody in my country - as I get involved in conferences and presentations, I meet more and more people who actually want to share)

Anyway, a big thank you to ITDi and WizIQ and everybody who helped organize this wonderful summer MOOC!
I was honored and glad to be part of this. You people got me out of my SAD this year I owe it to you!
Let's do it again!!!

You can find our Pecha Kucha over here



2 comments:

Silvers said...

Beautiful post - so fast, real...authentic and passionate - love it !!!

Theodora Papapanagiotou said...

Thank you Sylvia, it means a lot!

Featured Post

Teaching online through Lockdown

Some months ago, when I wrote a blog on online Teaching for iTDi , I could never imagine that the teaching world would turn digital overn...